Friday, September 16, 2005

"Serving the children", this motto has been etched on my mind since I started my ech course last year. I never get to realise the true meaning of it until today.

It was the first day of my part time job at a Christian day care centre. When I stepped into the centre, my first impression was messy & dusty. I just felt uncomfortable and out of place. I was thinking, "God, why does it turn out to be like this?" However things started to have a huge change at the later part of the day. During free time, I got a chance to read some stories to the chn. One child handed me a bible story and requested me to read for her. I was surprised as the story was exactly the same tt I read this morning at home! I started reading and more n more chn began to come near me. I was so glad tt they were amazed by the story and were enjoying themselves. After that, I had a long talk with one of the teachers. She shared with me her experiences in this centre. I was surprised tt she was an ech graduate too! We started sharing our experiences & also how we got to know God. Through our conversation, I realised tt all the teachers are members of the church and they actually volunteered themselves to serve! Moreover, they lived extremely far away from this school. At tt time, I really feel like slapping myself hard on my face. I thought, "Oh man, I lived so near and yet im complaining away. Am I fit to serve God's vips?" Immediately, my mind changed completely. I decided to stay in this sch. Though the envt is not very pleasing, I can strongly feel God's presence there. The teachers really showed genuine concern and love to the chn. Never did they punish or treat them harshly at all. And rite now, they are facing a shortage of teachers. How can I ever bear to leave them? How can I possibly ignore God's calling for me to serve these chn? I am glad to make the right decision. I choose to stay and persevere. *God, here I come.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home