Wednesday, March 25, 2009

God of so much MORE

God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us. Ephesians 3:20

Last Tuesday during prayer meet, we were asked to share about our favourite bible verse. The one above, came to me straightaway. 3 days later, I personally experienced the promise of this verse.

2 weeks ago, our church held its annual G12 conference which lasted for 3 days. On the last day, Pastor Cesar gave an invitation to everyone to tithe $200 to God. With great faith & of course instructions from God, Pastor Cesar urged us to go forward to make a covenant with God. He declared confidently that as we give to God, He will bless us back in greater measure.

I paused and hesitated at that moment. In my heart I was thinking, "$200 is a lot of money eh. What if sway sway cannot get it back?" Just then, another bible verse came to my mind;

Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. Malachi 3:10

As i recall this verse, my confidence and hope in God rose and I left my seat to give my offering to God. It was just so coincident that I had exactly $200 in my wallet that day! With faith and frankly, a little fear, I put the money into the tithing bag. Then I prayed a short prayer, "God, I trust in You."

Exactly one week later, I received a pleasant and unexpected surprise from God - my performance bonus. It was a surprise for me as I expected it to be in April. Moreover compared to the $200 that I gave Him, He has blessed me back with so much more.

This incident has made me experienced the amazing provision of God. No matter how much we give, we can never out give Him. Everything is within His control and He desires to bless each and everyone of us.

However, having the God of so much more doesn't mean that there will be no rain. There will be times when we will experience disappointments, failures, helplessness and fears; be it in family, relationships, work or finances. Most responses will be, "God, I thought You always answers prayers? How come this time round it seems You're not? Are you there? How much more do I have to wait?" Gradually, I realised that God's delay is not His denial. He heard us and is on our side. But there is a reason and purpose behind every difficult situation. He may be withholding things that do not benefit us, or building our character to be more like Him.

I'm still learning...like what Bel always believe, the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. It's a tough journey, especially when things start to fall out of place. But God can do anything, far more than I can ever imagine because He is a God of possibilities!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home