Friday, February 27, 2009

Will you stand firm?

I had the most unbearable emotional battle ystd night; struggling with fear, discouragement and a sense of loss.

"Hulk" had 2 major outbursts within 3 hours. His aggression worsened. This time round, 35 mins. Great.

Right after it was resolved, I was told to take 3 new cases, of which all are non-ASD related. Great.


I went home straight, plonked on bed and cried. Everyday itself is an emotional battle for me, what's more having these hiccups.

I was glad in the midst of loss, I felt the peace of God through this song;

"When the oceans rise and thunders roar,
I will soar with you above the storm.
Father you are King over the flood.
I will be still, know you are God."

With a heavy heart, I went back today. I was very reluctant to speak to the class as I didn't know what to expect. I didn't prepare anything too. I just wanted to commit all to God, and allow Him to speak through me. Indeed, He did. The sharing flowed and never did I expect that it lasted for half an hr. I was glad most of them showed empathy and were receptive to welcome him. My great hurdle had been overcome.

I was reminded of what I taught my girls last Sunday. The lesson was on Standing Firm and I ended with a question, "In times of trials and difficulties, will you stand firm in the Lord?"

I'm glad I chose to. I wanted to skip work today as I didn't want to face the "aftermath". Eventually, the thought of "I've GOD with me" moved me out of bed to head for work. I can't agree more to what the Bible says - "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped." Psalm 28:7. Indeed, God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.

In times of trials and difficulties, will you stand firm in the Lord? :)


1 Comments:

At 3:39 AM , Blogger shirshir said...

Han, i'm very encouraged by your post! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home