Friday, February 06, 2009

Registration for Sundown



Just signed up for this marathon which is on May 30. It will definitely be an interesting and fun one because I'll be running with Francis and sisters! We signed up for the team event. Our team comprises of Francis, 3rd sis, 4th sis and myself. Dajie is also running, but she's in her company team. By the way. our team name is Ohana. You would know what it means if you've watched Lilo & Stitch. Ohana means Family. Something unique about this race is that it actually takes place at night. Our race starts at 8.30 pm. Still not so bad. The full marathon (42 km) starts at 11.59 pm. Another uniqueness is that this is the only marathon that offers the ultra-marathon category - 84 km; which is double of 42 km! Gosh. The average timing for one to complete an 42 km is about 5-6 hrs. Imagine double of that! wow. Will you spend 12 hrs on the road, running?

Anyway, my knee has been giving me lotsa problems lately. Dajie has buoght me a bottle of supplement but I've yet taken any. I was advised by my colleague (a PE teacher) to stop running if possible; cos my meniscus is wearing out. She suggests that i should take up swimming or cycling instead... WOAH. I'm not even at the beginner stage for both. I need an instructor, anyone? ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home