Thursday, January 15, 2009

A special encounter

But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

Indeed God has chosen the weak to shame the strong. He has chosen my boy to show me the meaning of perseverance and courage. After years of distress, he is still fighting strong and hard. If I were to be in his position, I guess I could not have been as strong. I would be escaping and retreating. He certainly has every right to do so. But he didn't. He chose to move on. Nick Vujicic once said this, "Whatever God can't change, He would use." Indeed God has used his circumstance to build me up.

Today i saw a different side of my boy. A him that is so different from the emotion-less boy i used to know. Frankly, i tried hard to fight back my tears. It wasn't tears of misery nor sympathy, it was tears of admiration and joy- to know that God fights with and for him. Now i look forward to the value of my work and the reality of it. I have often misjudged that I am the bless-er and my boys are the recipients. But in fact, they are the true bless-ers of my life.

Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home