Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Humility


Bel, Denise & I had our very first prayer meeting at Pathlight. It was both exciting and anxious for me as it's a kinda different prayer meet - with our lecturer Dr Lam!

It was a very "structured" prayer meet. Each of us took turns to anchor the different items on the "schedule". Anyways, it turned out really great. It wasn't churchy at all. Very informal, fun and comfortable. I feel that it's more like a catching up session where we share about our ups and downs, praying and edifying one another. :)

Through this prayer meet, I saw a different side of Dr Lam. He is a man with so much humility and heart for God. The key to all his successes is simply His trust in God. As he was sharing, a question came to me,

"God is able to give you all the glory and successes. But are you able to handle it?"

Those who can handle the glory are those who are humble; humble enough to say, "God, everything I have is given by You. As you freely give, you are free to take too."

I've yet to reach the stage where I can say that confidently. I guess it takes lots of moulding to shape us into the perfect artpiece. Be sure that as God puts us under his refining fire to melt and mould us, we will not be quick to blow it out! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home