My book of 'Daily Bread' finally arrived yesterday. I read one of the pages and found one truly meaningful.
Here it goes, ``A comforter's ability to help is not so much his talent for using words as it is his capacity to be sympathetic.``
This struck so much thought into me. Many a times, we found ourselves trying so hard to give encouragement and pieces of advice to those who are in distress. Yet we failed to realise that sometimes being silent is already more than enough to the one who need it. A listening ear and a shoulder to cry on. I've heard this many times.. from different friends who walked in and out of my life. But the question is, "Who really live up to it?" None, including myself. We are used to the busy and isolated lives which we lead individually. I realised i've been neglecting too many people.. and sometimes i dont even know what advices or comments to offer to those who need my help.
I guess what she needs now is sympathy. I hope she will get over her distress..somehow, i know she will.
``[S] y m p a t h y [i] s [t] w o [h] e a r t s [t] u g g i n g [a ]t [o] n e [l] o a d.``

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home