I realised that i have not been posting for the last four days. I've been pretty busy with my work and other stuffs. Well, here's a recap of what I did during these few days.
Last Sunday, Francis and I went out with Juan and Simon. We went to a board game shop at Bugis. It's fun!! haha.. we played with a couple of board games.. haha.. the most exciting one is the card game with a bell (forgot the name liao). haha.. Fran kept on losing.. we had no choice but to let him win by putting the bell closer to him.. hahaha. I enjoyed this outing. It allows Fran and I to spend time together and to understand each other better. It's been a long time since we last went out. Thank God tt He has given Juan and Simon to help us out in our r/s. I believe through God and both of them, our r/s will be strengthened and become stronger! I look forward to the coming outings!
As usual, i was serving the children from mon-fri. This week's teaching was great! Neither did i lose my temper easily nor screamed at them. I tried my best to remain calm. I thank God for speaking through Fran and Xueli. His kindness is all you need. His power is strongest when u're weak.These two sentences really spoke to me so much. Thanks Xue!
Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. This is so real. I realised tt being calm and less frustrated, we will be more aware of a person's strengths. We tend to pay more attn to one's weakness rather than strengths. No wonder nothing can ever satisfy us. A thought struck me, "When someone sins against me, will i shun away from him? Or will i forgive and value his presence?" The answer is obvious. Of course it's the latter. But am i able to master it? I used to doubt my ability. But God has set my heart free and i did it. One child has always been getting on to my nerves. Lathargic, bo chap, rude. These three words were used to describe him previously. I dun like him and he hates me too. But things got a change for the better! I tried my best to see his strengths and appreciate him. I talked and humoured with all the most exaggerating facial expressions i could ever displayed. He laughed.. and he looks so sweet! I realised tt attention is what he yearns for. I felt guilty and sad for him when i knew his family background. I felt so relieved tt he's now more obedient in class. At least, he listens to instructions. Thank God.
Dear God,
help me to see each
of my children as
uncut diamonds.
Needing only enough pressure
to knock off the rough edges
so that the brilliance You have
placed in each of their hearts
will always shine through.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home