Serving the Lord
Today was a joyful day. =)
Met Juan in the morning at Jurong East MRT and headed to AMK for lunch. A very happy trip with her.. we shared about a lot of stuffs. hehee. so happy. After our lunch, we went to meet the rest (feli and the nyp primers) at AMK station. When everyone had arrived, we tok a bus down to the Children's Home.
I was pretty excited about today's visitatin to the Home as i had nv been to one before. Thinking about serving God's VIPS made me anticipate this visit even more. After the briefing, the children finally arrived. To be frank, i wasn't quite ready to start a conversation with any one of them. I squatted down but no words came out of my mouth. I dont know why but i just dont know what to say except to smile. Looking at their facial expressions, i feared to be rejected by them. Actually the response we got from them was not good at all, so we decided to have our snacks first. Indeed, food did wonders. As they were munching on their snacks, we sat and talked to them. I paired up with a seven year old girl. We had games such as Blow wind blow, passing of parcel, poison ball and captain's ball. The kids enjoyed the ball games the most. I was reallie impressed by their motor skills. They could play the games well and had a high amount of stamina. I think i am old le. hahas. Anyway, the games reallie bonded us even closer and i could see tt many of them became more willing to befriend with us. =)
Halfway through the game, one child threw some temper tantrums. I tried to be nice and accomodated. But i realised that this isnt going to work. Hence i became firm. I think she was shocked by my sudden change of tone and became quite upset over it. I reasoned out with her and talked to her about it. Well, things didnt turn out well in the end. But i was pretty amazed by what she said to me, "Teacher says God gives us a brain to think. We must use it to think and cannot be naughty." woah. This is cool. This led me to a passage in the bible. "Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6 This is so true. I really hope the child will remember what her teacher taught her.
Upon departure, i felt a sense of sadness. I wondered how would the children feel. I bet they will feel even more sad. Lots of volunteers had came into the home to help and interact with them before us. I wonder who will reallie rmb them and which child will rmb us? Will the chn feel that we came to play with them bcos we have to or bcos we want to?
Today's trip to the Children's Home made realised and thought 'bout a lot of things. I've learnt that the simplest thing in life is enough to bring a smile on a child's face. =)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home