"I do" to my King










This day has finally arrived after much muchh muchhh waitinggg and anticipationnn. hahas.
MY BAPTISM!!! *clap*
Had been so excited since last Sun with everyone congratulating me for my baptism. :) I was so excited that i had insomnia last nite. And i had a crazy morning today too. I was supposed to meet Karen at 7am but guess wot? I woke up at 6.55am. Rushed like a siao cha bo and ran out of my hse w/o combing my hair and yes, bathing. (you must be laughing off your head, peiling). Ya anyway, went to sch for the AST decoding test and had our ASECS sculpture presentation where my group presented masks.
After sch, i rushed home to bathe and get my barang barang ready. (Those extra clothes tt need to be brought after getting wet in baptism pool). My heart pounded faster n faster as the time gets nearer. Those who know me well will be aware tt i have a fear of water. (yes, regardless of any water level). Hence having to be fully submerged into the water did give me some goosebumps. But still, tt fear has not power to stop me from looking forward to the baptism.
Anyway, met Jessie, Flor, Qinpei, Juan and Simon for dinner at the hawker centre and headed to the baptism pool for briefing at 7pm. I was the 2nd one to be baptised and the 3rd candidate to share my testimony on stage. After singing the first worship song, all of us went up to get ready for baptism. When it was my turn, my first reaction when i stepped into the pool was, "Wah, so cold lei!" The pastor laughed at my comment and began to ask me the 2 important questions.
"Jing Han, do you believe that Jesus is the Son of God?"
"Yes, i do."
"Do you accept Jesus into your life to be your Lord and Saviour?"
"Yes, i do."
Then comes the impt moment.
I really feel so honoured and privileged that i can say "i do" to my King. I guess it's a special moment in the life of every Christian as it is a sacred moment when one's pasts are being buried with Jesus (when we are submerged into the water), followed by a new breath of hope that is received when one comes up from the water. :) After the baptism, we changed and went down to join the rest for worship. Next came the sharing of testimonies. I was e 3rd one to share hence was not so anxious. After sharing, i surprised tt girls from Dellia's tribe came to the front and presented with 16 stalks of flowers! One by one they came and presented the flowers to me. I am reallie touched!! :) Thanks sisters!
I am reallie touched that many took the effort to take time off and witness this special occasion of mine. Thanks for your time, flowers and prayers!!! Million thanks to Juan, Simon, Florence, Liwen, Jessie, Jasmine, Qinpei, Felicia, Ping Ching, Pamela, Roger, Michelle, Vivien, Xiang Jun (I love the certificate!), Dellia, Dennis, Baby Emmanuel, Carolyn, Mei Fang and Francis! And most importantly, both my parents and 4th sister for coming down too. :)
Last but not least, the most impt person i wanna thank is God. Indeed He is faithful. My goal for this year is to get baptised. True enough, i've achieved it. This can be made possible becos of the love and grace tt God has given to me so freely. Indeed when we put our trust and hope in God, He will make all things possible becos He, is a specialist in all impossibilties. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home